Monday, January 24, 2011

Spiritual Path Sterling African Druzy Pendant

It's been quite a while since I've posted...been hibernating......winter blue's and all that! I look out the window and see so many critter tracks across our yard and feel bad for letting myself get into a funk when for them it's survival at it's very core. It's been so cold here....snow.....wet snow.....car doors that are frozen shut.....lost car keys (:() and cars encased in snow and ice aswell as broken car heater....brrrr!.            
Started a new piece a few weeks ago....and was really unenthused with it until yesterday(during the finishing phase) when it came to life....its beauty and spirit came alive. It made the the process of struggling with the piece into a very rewarding experience. I've named it Spiritual Path....it now occupies a special place in my heart....it's the spiritual journeys we take in life that we may not understand at all when were on them but they serve to filter our inner beings into a more refined and attuned soul.... I have many, many spiritual touchstones: i have listed some below....I am much more attuned to St. Francis...as a daily spiritual draw....but I am fascinated by Buddhism and by the beauty of it's teachings. The Gospel of St. Thomas is also quite fascinating (gnostic gospels)....."Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you find me there."...amazingly beautiful and profound. Spirituality has been an interesting, continuing journey for me, very difficult at times.... but getting easier. I borrow from many spiritual ideologies  but i can now fully and without hesitation trust in God's plan for me for today...i am where I am supposed to be....i have only to try to understand the lesson, to listen and to learn with compassion....and i believe as do the buddhist's through suffering comes enlightenment. I don't mean to get too heavy with this post....these things work for me...but everyone has to find their own spiritual fit in this universe.


Spiritual Path-Sterling Silver and African Druzy Neck Piece


Gospel of St. Thomas-the sayings of Jesus- "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."


Buddha- "Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life."


St Francis of Assisi- "I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, he can work through anyone."


Dalai Lama-"If you have a particular faith or religion, that is good. But you can survive without it. "

See....I'm all over the place with my spirituality.....but there's so much beauty and wisdom out there to be harnessed.....so much.....
                              

7 comments:

  1. I already thought this piece was amazing from the forum, but your post has catapulted its significance greatly. And concerto in d minor was playing as I read this, which was so soothing... a lovely experience. :) Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne...the pianist is Glenn Gould...a very eccentric misunderstood artistic genius. My husband and I watched a show about his life on PBS...here's the link if you're interested http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/genius-within-the-inner-life-of-glenn-gould/about-the-film/1725/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piano piece Sue, I WILL check out that link but sitting inside on a dreary it day would bring me to tears. There it is listen....Glen showed us his soul....

    I get the blues in summer trapped inside by the heat so I know what you mean. Though you can bundle up to keep warm, when it's hot it's just insufferable.

    xo

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and meaningful work look.....you showed us your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ro....i wanted to share some of the places I've journeyed too over the years...the people and precepts that enrich my life daily...the stuff that keeps me grounded when i get ahead of myself and the stuff that can reel me in when i dwell too long in dark places. I so glad you like the piece...it showed me somthing I hadn't planned. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece! I love the little "path" around the stone :)

    ReplyDelete