Monday, July 9, 2012

New Work--

I have 3 new pieces of work to share....they are on facebook and twitter already but yet to be listed. All 3 are pendants-


"Eternal Life" Cast Raccoon Vertebra 




"Tazanna" Lioness Princess Pendant
Peach Willow Jasper with Black Dendrites/Onyx Tear Drops

"Hawaiian Flower" Amethyst Slice Hibiscus Pendant


We've been having a new roof put on....thankfully they are finished. We still have interior ceiling repair work.....as well as some other improvements that need doing...replacing carpet with hardwood...painting....screening in a porch off our bedroom....and landscaping. Right now it's only in the high 80's....it has been over 100 degrees. We removed a dead tree from our front yard which is very close to the road....i have a pic to share of that....i don't think i brushed my hair that day..and had stall attire on. I helped pull the tree over once my husband chain sawed through it....we used a come along attached to his SUV  to pull it over....it did not fall on the road....thanks to my great come along-ing work....which sounds like a girl scout cookie to me. Thin Mints and Come Alongs!

Acting like a bada@@ holding the chainsaw i didn't operate
After this pic the tree was cut up and dragged to the burning pile.....we have 2 buring piles ( side front yard and back yard) All evidence of the tree is now history....
ahhh...the life of x-suburban....turned moderate hillbilly. Thank God my husband knows what he's doing! 
   We have a little family of deer visiting our yard lately...2 little fawns and their mama. We saw them early this moring bit I've not got a pic of them yet. One of the babies is very alert and everytime it sees me on the other side if the sliding door it bolts...taking it's sibling with it. The mama has just recently appeared with the two. At first i thought they were orphaned. I hope to get some pictures of the three if i can just be sly enough without scaring the one little fawn.


That's about it folks...sorry i haven't posted in a long while...it's just been a rough few months.

Yours, Sue♥



10 comments:

  1. Stunning, Sue!!!! I hope the coming months are a bit easier on you :)

    xoxo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that raccoon necklace is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see ya Sue,
    looking pretty handy with that saw :)
    your work is always uniquely you and I love it.

    ditto Sunny

    xoxo Ro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ro and Sweet Allison....great to have you ladies visit...it always makes my heart smile and thanks for the well wishes too. Ro...i get very carried away with that saw. I need to buy a deeper one sometime. Allison- I love all your facebook posts of Orion....he shines as bright as his namesake.

    RoRo-thanks so much...i had been wanting to do this design for some time...getting it accomplished came as a big relief and something that didn't get back burnered forever.....plus it's very primal and wears beautifully. Hope to get the three new pieces listed very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful new work Sue, I love "Eternal Life", what an amazing piece! How wonderful to have a little family of deer visiting you, I'd love to see them :). xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele....i haven't seen the deer family in days...it has been so beastly hot here. The only visiting animal we've had this week has been the groundhog and he has radar for when i put bread out for the birds. He dined on onion bagels and sliced bread today...and Lily's boyfriend was by today too...probably marking his favorite spots in the yard. I will try to get the deer family photographed....in fact I'll take my camera downstairs tonight incase they visit the back yard this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That amethyst slice pendant is too cool for words, wow.
    As is the hot power tool lady! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cat.... :) hot power tool lady! the only hot thing was the chain saw after my husband fired it up! We worked our asses off that day and hauled all the debris off to the burning pile. I'm glad the design worked out for the slice....sometimes the idea is flawless but it doesn't translate...as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Kathleen....getting ready for a new post sometime this week. Sorry to respond a bit late.....i've been a bit neglectful with blogger these days.

    ReplyDelete